Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hot damn!

Last week I posted my V Day gifts and I'm proud to report that I made my first dish from The Sriracha Cookbook.

Here is a picture of my successfully made Srirachili con Carne.
*Obvs this is a picture of my lunch today and not how nicely it was plated in real life bowls last night. Don't judge me.
Ok, the recipe seriously calls for a half cup of Sriracha! I love Sriracha and I thought that was a lot. Not to mention the oodles of other spices on the list. And let's not forget about the full bottle of dark beer that's required.

I would definitely consider this recipe to be too spicy for most, but I suppose that's the sort of thing you'd expect from a cookbook that is completely based off a chili sauce. The bf and I really liked the way this turned out and we will even be consuming it for lunch :)

Now I need to go to the store and get a new bottle of Sriracha...

No comments:

Post a Comment