Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Adventures in Estate Sale Shopping

The bf and I woke up early on Saturday, thanks to our upstairs neighbors, and I thought it seemed like the perfect day to go to an estate sale. We got super lucky and discovered there was one happening super close to our apartment.

I love going to estate sales simply because I like owning things from the past. Especially when you incorporate the old pieces with current pieces. Here are 2 brooches I picked up.

The bf thought this brooch was too bizarre to pass up and really sold me on purchasing it. I can honestly say, I've never seen a brooch that is a basket full of flowers. Interesting indeed. You can't tell too much from this picture but it looks like it's hand-painted. There is minimal paint damage and the overall quality is pretty excellent.

I thought this was darling the moment I saw it. Such adorable, Spring colors. And the detailing of the colored rhinestones in the middle of each flower was just too much to pass on. This one also appears to be hand-painted and the condition is a little more flawed than the other. Nonetheless, it's still pretty and will fit into my collection nicely.

Not pictured here is the cheese plate that I purchased as well. Not that a cheese plate is particularly exciting but I've always wanted one and it was pretty and apparently from Italy. Certainly a nice find!

Hope you are all finding some vintage pretty in your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment