Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Monochromatic days

I feel like this blog is morphing into a makeup blog over time. Oh well. Do tell if you have any complaints.

So I found myself uninspired yesterday morning getting ready for work with the melodramatic colors of the outside world. You see, it's December in San Francisco which means each day is almost guaranteed to be nothing like the previous. These past few days have been gray. That's all. As a sort of "so there!" moment, I decided to have my eye makeup match the weather. Gray on gray. I have never attempted such a thing, nor would I have suggested it to someone who asked. The end result was shocking. I really liked it. Not sure how many other colors you could successfully pull this off with though. Purple? I think it'd look too costume-ie. In a bad way. We all know I love costume. So ya. I'm living testament that this can be done.

Here is how I did it.
- I primed my eyes with light per my usual.
- Then I layered on idol eyes shadow. (light makes this shadow POP and it has the prettiest sheen to it)
- I took my greyprint Technakohl Liner and did a thick layer to my bottom lashes.
- To finish and give just a little more depth, I took my smolder Eye Kohl and lined the middle part of my upper eyelids. This move is tricky, tricky.


Here's what you'll need:

No comments:

Post a Comment