Friday, May 20, 2011

Old to you, new to me

Over the past month or so, I have acquired some fabulous vintage pieces that I'm super excited about. Here they are!

After declaring my love for vintage candy dishes to my Grandma, she insisted that I take this dish back to San Francisco with me. She said, "You appreciate it more. Put some jewelry in it." And that's exactly what I did. She told me that this dish used to belong to my Grandfather's god-mother (wow). So pretty much, it's extremely old. I will admit that I was scared to have this in my possession considering its age and how long its been in our family but she told me that she knows I'll take extremely good care of it. I adore it. And can I just say how fabulous my ring collection looks inside???

As someone who is always up for an estate sale, imagine my excitement when the bf and I saw a sign in our neighborhood advertising one. We got up Saturday morning and made the trek, which was much farther than we thought, and we were not disappointed. The woman who owned the items that were in this amazing apartment was quite the visionary. She had art listed at $20,000 and vintage French furniture with gold detailing. Yes. It was that kind of estate sale. Amongst the vintage fur coats and French furniture, this little gem spoke to me. This is my new clutch that is arguably the most beautiful purse I own. There is not a single bead that is missing which I find incredible. I actually plan on wearing this to the wedding the bf and I are attending next weekend.
If you look at this upside down, doesn't it look like an extravagant turban?!

As a self-proclaimed candy fanatic, I thought that my desk was missing something extremely practical. Well practical to me at least. Candy dishes! Naturally I needed vintage ones so I bought these off Etsy and they look quite fabulous on my desk. I chose white because I thought that would only assist with making the colors of the candy pop. Needless to say I love them and am extremely happy that I bought them.

I hope you are all finding something old an inspiring in your lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment