Monday, May 2, 2011

The Dream, McQueen

As one of the few girls on the planet that didn't watch the Royal Wedding live, or at all for that matter, I was completely taken back by the 2 gorgeous McQueen dresses Kate wore. Talk about amazing! The wedding gown with a Grace Kelly tribute was stunning but the second one was pure glamor.
I thought it would be fitting to do a post with some of my favorite McQueen items that are currently available. It's hard to say when my love affair began with McQueen. Maybe it started with his interesting use of color and intricate design. Or maybe it was his clever use of skulls. I don't know. What I do know is that he was an amazing designer and Sarah Burton is carrying on his legacy brilliantly.
Chiffon Skull Scarf - $295 @ Neiman Marcus
I cannot even tell you how long I have wanted this scarf. Years? My friend told me I just need to man up and buy it. That crazy advice is becoming more and more possible to me. I'm not sure I can live without this. The same friend also told me she couldn't believe that I would get this in black and white and wear it year around. Um, you have met me right? :)
Peep-toe skull pumps - $845 @ Saks
Pretty sure these pumps don't need an intro. All I'll say is I would feel like a huge bad ass wearing these with some skinny jeans and my leather bomber.
Satin heart pumps - $690 @ Neiman Marcus
3 words. Alice. In. Wonderland. And I'm done.
Butterfly cap-sleeve dress - $1,275 @ Neiman Marcus
A couple celebrities have worn variations of this dress (Demi Moore famously modeled this look many others from the collection in Harper's Bazaar) but I really adore this intense purple with the graphic print.
Patent leather long clutch - $1,785 @ Saks
My comments for this clutch are similar to those of the skull pumps. I just think it would be impossible to show up on a red carpet for an event wearing this brass knuckle clutch and not feel like the absolute coolest person there. Impossible.

I hope you find something that makes you feel both gorgeous and tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment