Thursday, May 13, 2010

Vintage + New = Fab

So, I was reading a magazine and this woman made these gorgeous chain necklaces that had ribbon woven in and out of the links. At the bottom she had attached original letters and number from this old New York hotel. Amazing and gorgeous. But, they were $250-$350. No thank you. I decided that I could make these on my own. So, I did.




{photos courtesy of Gary Lai}

I made a great find at an estate sale and got these 2 chain necklaces. Perfect! With a little ribbon and some time, these are my final creations.

I have big plans for pieces to come. Currently I'm scoping out vintage chains online and looking at incorporating beads and charms. We'll see. Either way, these 2 have been great additions to my jewelry arsenal thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment