Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pointed in the right direction

I realized about 4 months ago that my precious black pumps needed to be retired. I'm not going to lie. They're pretty old. (Maybe 4 years old?) It's so hard to get rid of a pair of shoes that are so reliable and broken in. Plus they are a permanent staple in my wardrobe. I've had them fixed more times than I can remember, so I decided to cut my losses and get a new pair. A task easier said than done.

I know I'm picky with my shoes, but I thought black pumps were pretty standard. They're not. I like a point on my pumps that could injure someone. Seriously. The pointier, the better! Oh, did I mention I have a height requirement for my shoes too? Picky, picky. If I'm supposed to run around work all day, I can't wear 3.5in pumps. It's not going to work out.

The DSW store was the first place on my list. I must have tried on 6 different pairs. None were pointy enough and the one pair I did like was too high. I left there and proceeded to venture to Aldo and Nine West. Nothing. Thinking my search was going nowhere fast, I went to the DSW website and continued my search. It was there that I found my new, glorious pumps.


They just arrived today and I couldn't be happier. I'm wearing them right now typing this post. They are very narrow which is perfect for me. DSW says that they're 2.25in but I think they're at least 2.5in. Perfect height. The leather is extremely soft as well. They should break in nicely. Needless to say I am extremely happy with my purchase and can't wait to get them back in my rotation!

No comments:

Post a Comment