Thursday, June 17, 2010

Editorial inspiration

It seems like I'm constantly looking at magazines and catalogs. When I come across great editorial pages, I tear them out for future reference. Here are a couple pages that I came across lately that I drew inspiration from.

So I've already established how much I like flowers and bows and hair accessories. This is pretty much one giant page of things I adore. While I'm usually not a huge fan of pink, that fluffy flowered light pink headband is so sweet and delicate. I wish I was wearing it right now. I'm also a big fan of the flower headband on the bottom left. How cute is that detailing in the center? Adorable.
Statement necklaces made a big comeback towards the end of last year and I was so glad that they did. While I'm always a fan of big necklaces, especially ones that involve pearls, this page features necklaces with an ethereal and elegant feel to them. There really should be an appreciation for a necklace that looks as great with a t-shirt as it does when paired with a cocktail dress. How can you go wrong? The very top necklace and the second to the last are my favorites.
First and foremost, ADORE those flower shoes. I need them right now! Ok. Onto the inspiration. I was inspired to wear this outfit after seeing this picture. And ever since I saw those flower shoes, I've been trying to come up with a way to transform my Mary Jane's. I'll let you know if I'm successful. Nothing particularly shocking about these outfits other than the fact that they're extremely fun and fashionable. Everyone should be a fan of a fun and festive LBD.

P.S. Are any of you getting the sense that I want to dress like I lived in the 50's???

*All these headbands and necklaces can be found at the always fabulous Nordstrom.

No comments:

Post a Comment