Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fake it 'til you make it - Christian Louboutin & Chanel

As a self proclaimed addict of Christian Louboutin & Chanel shoes, I am plagued with the reminder that I don't actually own any. You may ask, why is that? Well, it's because I can't seem to find an extra $700 (minimum) laying around our apartment. While I desperately want to own the real thing and have the satisfaction of showing off that delicious red sole or those iconic C's, I have decided that faking it is my best option. Which brings up a new problem, there aren't many shoes out there that look exactly like Louboutins or Chanel. So I went for concept and design over exact look-alike execution.

Beatrix - Sam Edelman - Nordstrom $130
I ordered these little beauties this week and am anxiously awaiting their arrival. The color combo is a bit Chanel and the studs are a little Christian Louboutin.

These were my inspiration:
Gorgeous and a bit bad ass. Dreamy. Like I said, not the exact same shoe by any means, but the concept is there. A studded toe seems like a marvelous idea if you ask me. Simple design with a bit of fierceness. And I can never argue against black and white. Simply perfect.

I hope you are all feeling inspired today!

No comments:

Post a Comment