Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Black As Night

For the past few months, I have been obsessing over owning the perfect black watch. A black watch is the perfect alternative to my giant, silver Betsey Johnson watch I wear daily, this is mainly because I can also wear it with gold jewelry. (I have a strict 'no mixing metals' policy.)

I bought what I thought was a decent watch from Target that pretty much encapsulated all the elements I was looking for. Metal band with links, a simple face and all black. I took said watch on a business trip to NY and imagine my surprise as I'm sitting in an all day conference, that I had been at for a good 4 hours, and the time has moved 5 minutes. Needless to say, this is a return. My fears were confirmed right then and there that I wasn't going to get off that easy. My precious black watch was going to cost more than had planned on paying.

Michael Kors 'Madison' - Nordstrom - $250
This is the watch that started the craze. It's gorgeous!

DKNY - Nordstrom - $165
A potentially nice alternative however the face is brighter than I would like. Nice style over all.

I looked at a couple of sites and these are the 2 best options, under $300 mind you, that I could find. There was a pretty Movado that I wouldn't mind having...

Hope you are all telling time on a pretty timepiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment