Monday, June 27, 2011

Raining On My Parade

While I prepare myself for potential rain tomorrow, yes it's almost July, I find myself revisiting my hunt for an umbrella stand. While this may not seem practical to some, living in San Francisco in an apartment makes it necessary. Yes, we've grown tired of letting our umbrellas dry in the bathtub.

I do have a few requirements:
- Must have a solid bottom. (What's the point of putting a wet umbrella in something that will just leak on the floor?)
- Must have character.
- Must be metal. (With the way Zero runs through the apartment, I don't need him breaking anything.)

I find it silly to purchase a new umbrella stand so I'm on the hunt for a vintage one. Etsy seemed like the perfect place for said hunt.

The paint makes this quite desirable to me. Love the flowers with the black background. This would definitely tuck nicely away behind our door without being a total eyesore.

Talk about character! How cute is the illustration?! It has great color as well. And it's kinda vintage (1981). Could be a contender.

Fabulously vintage indeed! In its first life, I imagine this stand was placed on tile similar to what is shown in the photo and accompanied by some amazing decor. There is nothing that I dislike about this item at all. Pure vintage fab.

While the rust is far too much for me to handle, I thought this potential stand deserved an honorable mention. The colors of the swirls really make this interesting and fun. I just wish it didn't have so much rust, but I suppose that is expected with something from the 50's.

I hope you are all keeping dry and if you're not, I hope you find something fabulous and stylish to hold your umbrellas!

No comments:

Post a Comment