Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Vintage & Timeless

It's a fine line sometimes between vintage and timeless. My mom has enlisted my help with finding her some cat eye sunglasses. She first fell in love with the style last Winter when she saw an editorial that featured a pair by Tom Ford (featured below). While you would think this hunt wouldn't be too difficult, I am shopping for my mother and we are talking about cat eye sunglasses. I'll be the first to say, if anyone can pull off this style it's my mom. The problem I have is longevity. I'm just not 100% convinced she's going to be in love with these severely retro glasses that cost $400+ in 12 months.

Here are the contenders. You be the judge.


Dior Bagatelle $345 - Nordstrom
This is actually my favorite pair of all the options. I think they are retro while still being a touch modern. Plus, I'm partial to Dior sunglasses.

Tom Ford Nikita $360 - Neiman Marcus
These are my mom's favorites. This is the pair that started the craze in the magazine so many months ago. I think the design might be too retro and she my not favor them as much as she thinks in 12 months.

Tom Ford Nico $420 - Bloomingdale's
Perhaps a nice compromise between the first 2 options. Need a darker lens though.

What do you think? And do you think that there is such a thing as too retro?

No comments:

Post a Comment